“To win any battle, you’ve got to have the right strategy and resources because victories don’t come by accident.”
On the recommendation of several friends, I recently watched War Room. This is a good movie and I also highly recommend it for any person who is going through hard times.
Below are the 5 lessons or take aways I received from a marital point of view. I also believe that they can apply to any situation.
- You need a prayer strategy for each area of your life. This is your battle plan.
- Write down everything you think your spouse has done wrong (or just the highlights) and forgive him/her. Give him/her Grace even when they don’t deserve it.
- If you want victory, you must first surrender.
- You’re not fighting your spouse, you’re fighting the real enemy, satan, who is trying to steal your joy.
- Focus your heart and mind on the Lord. Get rid of distractions. Ask the Lord for forgiveness. Don’t leave Jesus out of it.
Interestingly enough, I have a journal where I write letters to God. I started it early this year when we hit a breaking/turning point in our marriage. These letters I wrote were prayers for things I would like to see changed in my marriage and the areas that needed healing within us. We would argue and I would write. I would feel hopeless and I would write. The only thing missing was my “War Room.” Oh, and also forgiveness…I’m still struggling with forgiving my husband, but I’m working on it.
Do yourself a favor, watch the movie.